Quartz is a natural mineral found in the earth surface. Machinery is then used to expose and extract pockets of quartz crystals.
Once the crystals are extracted they are ground down and mixed together with polyester resins at a ratio of 93% quartz 7% polyester resins.
It’s then pressed into slabs of the required thickness which are most frequently 12mm, 20mm or 30mm thick, once this is done a vibrocompression vacuum process takes place.
What is then formed is a quartz slab which is 3 dimensional in appearance similar to granite and marble but with benefits such as were is no need for further maintenance as you would with granite like annual sealing needed, it is also free from defects such as fissures, pitting and staining.
- Maintenance & Care
- Technical Information
Lunastone is the ideal choice of work surface for kitchens and bathrooms due to its natural benefits.
- Heat resistant
- Stain resistant
- Scratch resistant
- 10 year warranty
- No maintenance required
Maintenance & Care
LunaStone has a Guarantee. However these guidelines always need to be followed to maintain your LunaStone work surface.
Our work surfaces have a high heat resistance in comparison with other stone worktops. However, a trivet/worktop board are always to be used for chopping/hot pans. Never place anything warm/hot directly on the surface. LunaStone worktops can burn/stain if heat is applied directly. The guarantee does not cover discoloration marks. Food staining can occur and worktop saver should be used always to combat possible stains.
- Our work surfaces can be used as kitchen worktops, bar tops, vanity units, bath surrounds, wall cladding, splash-backs, coffee tables and almost any other surface area.
- LunaStone requires simple cleaning with a damp cloth using gentle non-bleach products meaning it is easy to maintain. Only gentle products like hot- soapy water are recommended. (Do not use bleach/silicone/ammonia based cleaning products).
- Only use soft dish cloths or fabrics to clean. Abrasive sponges such as steel based pads are not recommended as it may graze the surface.
- It has a uniform colour unlike other work surfaces providing consistency in colour and pattern.
- LunaStone is a quartz based work surface making it less likely for damage to occur.
- LunaStone work surfaces should be wiped down immediately after use.
- LunaStone can match many of the well-known generic quartz stone colours.
- Remove spillage/food substances immediately to avoid possible staining.
- Never stand on your LunaStone work surface.
- LunaStone work surfaces should not have heat directly on the surface.
Slabs in all colours at the following sizes:
- 3020 x 1420 x 30
- 3020 x 1420 x 20
- 3020 x 715 x 30
- 3020 x 715 x 20
- 1500 x 1420 x 30
- 1500 x 1420 x 20
- 3020 x 100 x 20
- 1000 x 900 x 20
We also stock ‘Jumbo’ slabs measuring 3220 x 1620 x 30 which we currently have available in Artico, Nero Luminoso and Bianco Luminoso.